nst-problems

Original poster: Jim <branley1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Folks:

Your insightful advice has helped me solve my Qty.-2 - 9kv, 30ma, nst riddle. They had auto resets in them. I removed the resets and spliced the orange, orange/black & black together. Then I spliced the blue, blue/white & green together. I applied 120-volts and now I am getting .5" to 1" sparks from the secondary to the ground. Thank you for the great help. /Question - Does .5 to 1" sparks seem like adequate power from a 9kv, 30ma nst?

/Last night while trying to decide what to do with the 2 - 9kv's, I hooked up the 12kv, 30ma to my tesla coil. I was getting 4" streamers until I deep fried my transformer. I believe my problem was my spark gap being turned up on it's side (example - IIIIIII ). The sparks stayed at the top of the gaps and heated them up. I've since corrected the problem and am in the process of building a Terry Filter.

Thanks To All For The Help!
I could not be doing this without you,

Jim