Re: Thoriited Tungsten Rods response to spelling errors

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Moderator note: OK, I will end the spelling portion of the thread beginning tomorrow. It sounds like anything that could be said on the subject has been said anyway.

Lets start focusing on content :-)))

Hi Al and James, Matt D., List,

thank you very much for your comments. But I didn't mean to start a totally OT thread about spelling and language. Gerry certainly need to stop this acitvity soon. I'm myself really restricted to a reduced set of english language for "technical subjects", in contrast to the full set of literature, which is probably available to many of you.

I have a list of talented friends, who are really bright,in technical (electronic, computer- etc.) matters, but not beeing able to write down a sentence, without at least about 3 errors. And I most like similar, nonihibited contributions to the list. And my wifie, who is an African, never sent to school, is not yet able to write an easy readble text, despite her beeing a really intelligent person.

Sooo..., I don't see any problem to enjoy, accept and tolerate, languagewise "primitive" postings, 'cause I'm more interested in the content.

For foreign language members, sometimes, it may also be a problem to identify specific "Americanism" slang. Sometimes an online dictionary helps. And unexplained abbreviations like i.e. VSVFSQ (which, I agree, was expalined at it's first appearance), don't continue to make live easier for us international members.

I'm aware Matt Deming brought up this subject long before (thank you Matt!). But he had no big list echo IMHO.

BTW: I'm using thoriated tungsten only for small gaps, and have no systematic investigation on them, relative to pure tungsten. But I'm using pure 10mm dia. tungsten on my big coil B&W's SRSG (Sync. Rotary spark Gap), and after 1 or 2 minutes of operation I can touch it just by my hand, and it feels about 60 to 80C. Think there is a really different loss, when using asynchrous rotatries (ASRSG's).

Best Regards

Kurt