Thanks To All

Original poster: Jim <branley1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Folks:

A wonderful thing happened tonight when I fired up my tesla coil, it worked.
I was afraid to run it for more than 30 - seconds at a time. Is this a mistake?
I am getting about 18" streamers on my 9kv, 60ma coil. About half the correct amount. My cap tank is valued at 0.018uF, so I am afraid that I am too close to resonance, so I only run it for 30 second intervals. Am I right?

I greatly appreciate all of the help you have generously given me. Thank you for making this a rewarding and safe experience.

Jim