From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:14 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tesla the man

Original poster: ashumate3@xxxxxxx

I was really pleased with Tesla research
discussion during the time at Warencyffe.

I think everyone should remember that the
lighting he created was a parlor trick use to
show visitors. His real end game was the
transmission of power with out the use of wires.

There are applications for the lighting generated
such as testing of the hardness of electronic
systems for the Department of Defense.

By studying Tesla the man and his inventions, the
possibility of discovering the aim of his
research could be deduced. As for his death ray,
the present day laser fits his description of the ray.

As for missing documents, Tesla kept much of it
in his head. An example of that is when he wrote
up the original patent for multiphase power
system. It was so encompassing that the patent
office rejected it and he resubmitted it in smaller parts.

The goal for the coils that are being built
should be trying the recreate what Tesla was
doing in terms of power transmission. The parlor trick is cute though.

The most ironic thing of Teslaâ??s life was when
he accepted The Edison Medal in 1917 ­

"In Colorado I succeeded one day in precipitating
a dense fog.  There was a mist outside, but when
I turned on the current the cloud in the
laboratory became so dense that when the hand was
held only a few inches from the face it could not
be seen.  I am positive in my conviction that we
can erect a plant of proper design in an arid
region, work it according to certain observations
and rules, and by its means draw from the ocean
unlimited amounts of water for irrigation and
power purposes.  If I do not live to carry it
out, somebody else will, but I feel sure that I am right."

I bet Tom Edison ate a lot of crow. His DC power
distribution is gone except for a few isolated cases.

Al Shumate

Dublin, VA

See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.