Re: Equi-drive vs. standard drive, was SGTC

Hi John,

I imagine it was something like the schematic below. I now see the charge left on the caps. With the coil switch off after a run, one of the caps will have a DC charge across it, blocked by the opposing cap. The charge left on one of the caps should then charge the opposing cap, so they should both end up with a charge across them (eventually). Makes good sense to use bleeders across each cap (about 5 Meg and capable of the voltage). Depending on the situation, the charge could be large or small.

EQUIDRIVE CIRCUIT SCHEMATIC                 O--T--O
                                c1             (
           (-------------|-------||------|      (
        nst(             |               |      (
           (             |               |      (
o-------)||(             |               |      (
        )||(             O               |      (
ac      )||(--gnd     sg o--gnd          |      ( ls
gnd------| (             |     c2      lp )  (

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote: