Capacitance, Force, Pressure, Mass (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:23:01 -0400
From: Jared Dwarshuis <jdwarshuis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Pupman <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Capacitance, Force, Pressure, Mass

Hi Scott

Sounds like you are talking about electric fence wire for cattle. Some are
made to burn weeds that touch the wire. They use the earth as one terminal,
the other terminal is the wire.  Baby calf can get killed when they get
tangled up for a long time. Climbed over an electric fence once, thought it
was off. ( I got ball lightning, very painful!)

Hi RWW

An object with rest mass cannot go the speed of light as this takes infinite
energy. E = M Csquared applies directly to mass that arises from energy
density. We are only interested in equations that apply to the circumstance.

Volume shows up in the numerator as Ad. The equation does imply that a
volumetric chunk of uniform E field has a mass.

People have detected an increase in mass associated with charged capacitors.
The change in mass, is very small, I doubt that it can be accurately
measured.