Re: indication of good tuning (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:15:14 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: indication of good tuning (fwd)

You can illustrate this effect much better using, as Tesla did, gas filled
types of lamps, ie, like neon or argon.  We routinely light up neon filled
tubes using only a small Tesla coil --- at distances of 10 - 15 feet.  We
use a coil running at 380-400 kHz for this demo.

A 12 x 12 inch metal plate (very thin tin plate or circular pie plate) is
attached to one end of the tube with epoxy, and the other end is connected
to ground.  The pie plate acts like an "antenna" receiving the energy and
lighting up a 5 inch long neon filled tube.  Neon is especially receptive to
EM fields and works as a good choice for this type of experiment.  Much
better than trying to light a filament which requires a much higher current.

Dr. Resonance
Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com