Re: HV accident (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:44:51 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV accident (fwd)

Yes, they certainly will deny claims.

In the past few years I have seen photos of people operating high power
solid state (high current in sec discharge) coils with the sparks hitting
ceilings, wall, etc.  I was slightly horrified at these photographs.

This is a serious mistake.

Imagine, after the sparks have been hitting the walls and ceilings, you shut
the coil off, and retire for the evening.  The spark has penetrated the wall
earlier, and now starts some insulation smoldering.  Like a discarded
cigarette, the smoldering insulation or lumber catches fire and burns your
house down.

Yes, the insurance company would have valid reasons to deny this claim.  I
know because a friend whom I play pool with in the winter in Tucson is an
insurance investigator for the state of Arizona.  I discussed this example
with him and he said the insurance company would have a valid denial right
under their usual contracts.

If space is tight, haul the coils outdoors.  Don't risk it.  or use a
smaller coil that won't hit the walls.

Dr. Resonance
Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com