Re: HV accident (Ceiling strikes) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 01:15:35 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: HV accident (Ceiling strikes) (fwd)

Hey Antonio,

I don't see why not.  You know, I have lit mercury vapour bulbs that way.
At one time they made self-ballasted mercury vapour lamps in the same
fashion as the old sun lamps - a normal filament was inside that limited the
current to the mercury arc instead of a ballast.  If you use incadescent
bulbs to limit the current to a mercury vapour bulb, you can switch on a
small hand held Tesla Coil (like a Violet Ray) near it to strike the initial
arc.   If I remember correctly, 175 watts of incadescent bulbs will limit
the current properly for a 100W merc. vap...  Its not as efficient as a
ballast, but you get the advantage of additional warmer light to contrast
the colder light of the merc. vap. lamp., and extra efficiency of the merc.
vap. as opposed to incadescent lamps alone...

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

Learn.Laugh.Share. Reallivemoms is right place!