Re: Capacitor Safety Discharge (my system) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 03:45:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Capacitor Safety Discharge (my system) (fwd)

I have two 10/100 5 kJ Maxwell caps that I use for
coin shrinking, exploding wire, exploding vegetables,
etc. After a shot, I bleed the caps down with a bleed
resister, then I place a 4" x 1/4" piece of bus bar
across them, before unloading/reloading. I keep this
shorting bar in place at all times, except when in
use.

Adam

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/