Re: Resonance equations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:12:41 -0500
From: Shaun Epp <scepp@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Resonance equations (fwd)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 12:55 PM

I don't know where you got those other equations from???

 I have done signal generator sweeps of both my secondary coil and found one
resonance.  I used a signal generator, a resistor and made direct connection
to my secondary and scoped the voltage at the coil.  Then I did a primary
tank sweep test with the spark gap jumpered and adjusted the tap to match
the resonant frequency of the secondary.  I also only found only one
resonant dip, my coupling was set low at that time.I used a  resistor and
scoped the dip.  The frequecies matched what Wintesla program determined and
after running the coil, I only had to make small adjustments to the tap.

If there were other resonances, this would cause problems with the secondary
and you'd get voltage maximums at other places along the coil that could
cause insulation break down.

I just checked a book I recently bought, "Electronics: Circuits, amplifiers
and gates".  It's a college and university level book and It has no mention
of these other resonant frequency equations.  The equations you have look
like someone goofed with there math.

Shaun Epp