Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:25:20 EDT
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (fwd)

Hi Chris,

    Yes, streamers CAN start fires if they hit  something flammable. It's
like flipping a lit cigarette into the woods. It may  happen the first time or
the 500th time, but given enough times, it will  happen. The worst scenario is
if a streamer hits the wiring inside a wall  where it can start the insulation
or paper facing of the  wallboard  smoldering or causes a short in the wiring.
A fire may break out minutes or  even hours later. Even hitting a water pipe
inside a wall can cause the inside  surface of the wallboard to smolder while
leaving only a pinhole on the outer,  painted side. (Guess how I know this)
 Be careful,

Matt D.