Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (Exploding paint cans) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (Exploding paint cans) (fwd)

As someone who has placed a fair number of aerosol
cans in fires, I'm dubious. Placed in the middle of a
hot fire, a can takes "a while" to blow up. And I'm
talking about a fire with HOT coals.

However...

The can's Achilles heel is the valve. It's possible
that the valve could have failed, causing the flamable
spray to be released, then ignited. A quick Google of
"WD 40 flame thrower" or "WD 40 burn" will turn up
lotsa hits.

However, the odds of a strike causing a valve to fail
on more than one can seems a little high. There's no
way a coil can heat the contents enough to boil.

Again, I'm dubious, but not quite ready to call him an
outright liar.

Adam

http://tv.yahoo.com/