Re: BEST Ballast for pole pig. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:43:45 -0700
From: Dave Leddon <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BEST Ballast for pole pig. (fwd)

At 09:15 AM 8/14/2007, you wrote:

> [...]

Many of the cheapo buzz-box welders employ a continuously variable shut to
control the current.  This usually involves the use of a squeeze-handle to
release and reposition the shunt which, while it works, is less than ideal
for Tesla work.  For my use I replaced this handle with a threaded shaft
which protrudes through the front panel of my controller which provides
control of the current from 28 to 60 amps.  Here are some pictures of the
modified welding transformer installed in my controller cabinet.
http://nick_tesla.home.comcast.net/IMG_0447.jpg
http://nick_tesla.home.comcast.net/IMG_0446.jpg
http://nick_tesla.home.comcast.net/IMG_0443.jpg
http://nick_tesla.home.comcast.net/IMG_0441.jpg