Re: MMC Caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:45:42 -0700
From: huil888 <huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MMC Caps (fwd)

Michael -

Just go to the Cornell-Dubilier website, look up the 942 series
(www.cde.com/catalogs/942c.pdf) and select the specific part number that you
want (the .15uF/2,000 volt version is popular). Then, click
the "services" tab at the top of the the CDE home page (www.cde.com), select
the "stock check" function, and enter the Part Number of the capacitor you
are looking for the in the lower of the two search boxes. This will search
CDE's database and display which CDE distributors have the caps in stock.
Finally, call the distributors to verify availability, determine pricing,
quantity discounts, and shipping costs. Then, you can compare the
bottom-line cost-per-cap from various sources. I've purchased these directly
from Richardson Electronics and Arrow Electronics for less than any other
source was asking. Last time I bought them (a  year or so ago) I think I
paid around $2.47 each, plus shipping. There may have been some quantity
price break involved for purchasing 50 or more.

Regards,
Scott Hanson

 (snip)