Multiple Frequency (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:34:30 -0400
From: Rich Winders <rwinders_3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Multiple Frequency

Hello all,

 The other day when i was at work, and thinking about my coil and design
changes. A question came accross my mind. In a tc system does the primary
frequency have to be the first (primary) harmonic frequncey. This may be
a stupid and dumb question i thuoght at first aswell ,but then i began to
think more about it. And remembered a small project i did in grade school
with tuning forks and harmonics

The expirement was basic and im sure all of you already know all this
,but here is a little recap of what i was thinking.

In a wind pipe when a tuning fork at 500 Hz is struck and placed at the
mouth of the pipe and the pipe is then adjust in height to example 10
in the pipe will begin to hum when the pipe hits a resonant freq of 500
Hz if you change the height the pipe will stop humming. If the pipe is
then further raised to 20 in the pipe will begin to hum at the
second harmonic but this time at twice the harmonic frequency so 1000 Hz
.. and so on and so forth.. does the same apply to a tc system.. if a 125
khz primary can be at resonce a 125khz secondary can it also do the same
with a 250khz secondary. If it is possible a second question i ask
would the second harmonic change coupling and energy transfer

Put Your Face In Your Space with Windows Live Spaces!