RE: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:38:21 -0400
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

The camera was hand-held, and apparently no attempt was made to keep it
steady.  The exposure time was 1 second.  A lot of territory can be
panned within that duration.  That's why nothing in the background is
visible.  The image of the Tesla coil was frozen by the strobe, because
it was within the range of the strobe, and because it emits no light of
its own.  But the street lights, emitting their own light, are not
frozen, but appear as orange pulsing curvy lines, curves corresponding
to the motion of the hand-held camera.  The light was not bent; rather
the canvas was moved.  You can clearly see that the two dimmer orange
lines have identical geometries, representing two distinct light
sources, both subject to the same motion of the camera.  The bright
orange line is from something closer than the other two, not sure just
how it relates to the others, but it's clearly the same thing.  No
zebras.

Are you proposing that light propagates in some unique manner near Tesla
coils, which is not apparent with the naked eye, but produces bizarre
artifacts on film?  Remarkable that no one has noticed this before!

Gary Lau
MA, MA