Re: [TCML] Some general design questions

In a message dated 11/30/07 11:41:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
anettles@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Regarding grounding....I'm using 2 wires of an extension cord coming  out of
the Variac to a line filter, then to PFC caps, then to the NST.   The Variac
is mains grounded but everything else is RF (earth) grounded.   Everything
except the Variac will be located under the base of the coil.   After much reading
this seems to be the right way to do it but some pictures  of other peoples'
coils suggest otherwise.

Hi Andrew,

    The long extension cord between the Filter and  the Variac will become an
RF pick-up. I have only the transformer, gap, and  cap under the TC and
everything else is in the control console. The RFI  filters are on the inlet side
of the console.

Matt D.