Re: [TCML] Re Electrode diameter

  Phillip

  My opinion would be 1/2" dia, as I am running the same size disk and
electrode distance of 11" with 0.173 uF @ 33kW, 14.4 kV.  It is a sync
rotary at 3600 RPM, and runs fine.  I believe 1/4" electrodes would run too
hot, and with thermal cycling from running hot then cooling off might loosen
the fit in the disk & setscrew, BAD.  As for distance I believe as close as
you can and feel comfortable about the runout & accuracy of the machining.

Kevin

: