RE: [TCML] MMC failure / question or advice.

Snipping irrelevant text (hint hint)...

My guess is that
1) The power available from an induction coil may be too low to make anything actually go bang.  And/or
2) Could be that the *loaded* voltage from the induction coil may be less than the MMC's breakdown voltage.

Please share more details about the circuit?  What is driving the induction coil?  Is this an automotive ignition coil?  Can you be more precise about the construction of the MMC - just how many constitutes a "bunch"?  What kind of spark-performance are you getting?

Thanks, Gary Lau
MA, USA