Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] pole xfmr - Information Unlimted

I brought a lot of plans form them like 15 years or so ago, was not on the internet much and knew nothing of mailing lists etc, I found IU and brought a fair few plans, built it and it did not work. Was the BTC3 plans, also brought many others but never built them. the ones I did build did not work either. Eventually found the IRC group run by Mike Hammer to whom I still remember helped me get my coil running all these years latter!

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 11:51 PM

Does the owner of IU not subscribe to the list? Maybe he'd like to chime in but I'm going to have to agree with Timka on this one. Back when I was a TC
noob I bought some plans off of IU and they were first of all TERRIBLE.
Secondly, they required you buy most of the components from them
(conveniently), and they also gave no real tips as to how to build some of
the parts nor assemble them!

my 0.02
drake