Re: [TCML] Re: [UK] Coiling in the Media

Scott,

My main inspiration was Harry Goldman, Jim Roddy and Bill Wysock in that
chronological order. My source of information in the early days was the
Tesla Coil Builder's Newsletter and related publications. I remember
spending days on end at the Library of Congress in my teens.

Jeff Parisse Productions, Inc. predates TCML by several years and kVA
Effects was started at about the same time. I remember Robert Stephens and
Ed Wingate giving me instrumental help and advice when I started to go pro.
Terry Fritz and Chip have always been supportive as have a few others.

In terms of who learns what from who, I guess that is the upside of public
discourse; we all get to learn from each other. Those who run businesses
have a unique forum here to address me directly for advice and guidance. Why
would the nature of the list change just because some of us are beginning to
become successful? I speak of Nick Field, Michael Ripa, Sid Klinge and
others as well as my team.

An alternative method of communication would be a professional association
that would probably dilute the clout and stature of the TCML as the pros
abandon the hobby list for something more in line with the needs of the
professional business owner. However, I believe that Chip has worked too
hard for that kind of splintering to happen and as far as I'm concerned, we
should all be able to get along and spread more joy.

Jeff