Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla coils on italian TV show!

Hi David!
Hi All!

David Rieben ha scritto:
Hi,

Yes, I recognized words like "Tesla", "volts", "million", and a few of the other words for cardinal numbers. If my extremely limited knowledge of Italian (as in none) serves me correctly, I believe they were saying that the coils' output were "a quarter-million volts"
i.e. 250 kV. Fabio may wish to correct my poor interpretation. ;^)

Not exactly!
Ciao Darwin is not a technical show but an entertaining ones, the host made many technical mistakes in his monologue, some of them was caused by lack of knowledge but many others deliberately added to scare viewers and competitors, the script contained approx 20% of real technical informations and 80% of pseudoscientific informations! :-D

For the pleasure of those who do not know the Italian language, I will tell you the best one:

how many volts you get if you cross the Tibetan bridge if there are 4 Tesla coils of 1 million volts (!!!???!!!) each? 4 millions volts of course!!! (!!!!!!........!!!!!!), after the Ohm's and Chirkoff's laws, we added this new one, the "Bonolis's law"! :-O :-D

Anyway, this is only the first time in TV for italian teslacoils (except some brief apparitions in small local televisions in occasion of some public teslathons), this was a BIG apparition, an excellent chance to make history, so probably we will have others occasions in future in other (more technical) programs.

Ciao!
Fabio.