RE: [TCML] High voltage input snap when adjusting unloaded Terry saftey

At 02:27 PM 12/10/07 -0800, you wrote:
No doubt, I hope that you are right as I am going to fire my coil "barefoot" ----Marko

--- "Dr.Hankenstein" <dr.hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

(big SNIP)

> I think all these filters are a
> waste of time and money and produce other unwanted
> side effects as well.

(smaller SNIP)

> Regards,
> Woo
>
> dr.hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "We put the fire in the wire."

Really?  That's quite a broad statement, if I
understood you correctly.

"...all these filters..." meaning what?  All Terry
filters?  All NST protection filters?  All HV-side
RF/spike filters?  Please do expand on this, if you
can spare a few minutes.

If you have scope data, anecdotes, side-by-side
comparisons, PSPICE models, or other evidence, I'd be
most grateful if you'd share it.

If your assertion is correct, this would certainly
reduce the cost & parts count and simplify the process
of spark-gap coil construction.

Regards,

Greg