Re: [TCML] High voltage input snap when adjusting unloaded Terrysaftey

Hi Jim,

Your right, it is weird and I suspect something is wrong. You might want to take a real close look at whatever you mounted the components onto and verify exactly where the two contact points of the snap is occurring. Obviously, check your layout again to make sure it is wired as it should be.

I don't have that problem on my filter and am also using a converted 12/60 which is now a 10.6/200. One problem I did have a while back was a carbon track on the plastic box I mounted the components on. I then replaced the box but got a couple brass screws a little too close which caused premature discharge. I then drilled knew holes adding spacing and no problems since.

Take care,
Bart

Jim Mora wrote:
Hello,

The resistors are the suggested Digi-key 1K 100watt ohmites. All other
components are the suggested Digi-keys. I am baffled by this. In no way am I
criticizing the design as I hold Terry with the highest respect. Weird.
Something about my modified NST perhaps (half shunts removed and submerged
in paraffin and Vaseline)?

Jim