Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:58 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Fire on Tesla Coil, ball of sparks

Replace your top load with a pie pan from your kitchen. Put about 1/4 cup of alcohol in the pie pan. Not rubbing alcohol is contains water. Buy some alcohol from the paint store it is 100% alcohol. Ignite the alcohol it will burn a nice blue flame only about 4" above the pan. Turn on the Tesla Coil it turns into a 36" ball of what appears to be millions of micro size blue sparks forming out of the pie pan. When the alcohol burns away about 20 seconds the sparks go down to normal type TC streamers. I have done this with my 4" TC.