Re: [TCML] Coupling of oil insulated coils

I don't think those end caps will give you much of a problem. I would just leave them there and just use them for base and top connections for the secondary. I think a helical will probably do best on this coil with minimal interference with the bottom end cap. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Take care,
Bart

J. Aaron Holmes wrote:
I'm going to make several different ones, flat spiral,
helical, and multi-layer flat spiral, and see which
one performs best.  I'm just not sure how to design
around those aluminum end caps.  The multi-layer
option might be a good way to strike a balance between
the increased coupling of a helical and the low
vertical profile of a flat spiral, and that might
prove important if it's discovered that proximity to
the bottom end cap (being closer to it, that is)
causes problems.  So we'll see!