Re: [TCML] More wire better?

Hi Jared,

When your ready to show us, we will be waiting.

Keep in mind regarding efficiency, most of the group here measures input power and corresponds to spark length. It's a rough measurement, but to compare this coil against previous coils built by the group, this is what will tell the tale and is what we expect to see. If all you have in your arsenal of equipment is a VA reading, that will be fine. In the most basic terms, were looking for wall plug readings.

In the mean time, I'll continue to vote against high turns until I can see data that says otherwise and verify.

Take care,
Bart

Jared Dwarshuis wrote:
No just my friend Larry and I. I do most of the fabrication work. But we
assemble, test circuits and work on equations together. We have worked on
many large projects together over the last 30 years. I miss the fast cars we
used to work on but am married now and cannot justify this expense.

Larry is a very quiet person and has no interest in Pupman or for that
matter in documenting or publishing results.

We are not ready to give details about our system yet. However we will
probably put pictures on the web of it running.

Here is what we can say:

Q = circulating power / loss per cycle

We can do very little to influence the loss per cycle in the denominator.

We can do a lot to the numerator!

Raise the circulating power to very large levels using gigantic inductors
and the system Q goes up.

True there will be added resistive loss, but this is insignificant.

Jared Dwarshuis, Larry Morris