[TCML] antique (HV relay / transfer switch for sale

I'm getting rid of more high voltage parts, some vintage, rare, odd- ball, or just plain mysteries. My garage and workshop are so full of parts, I have no room to build new projects! (plus, I am unemployed, and need to raise money)

---

This is an old high voltage relay or transfer switch - probably classifiable as an antique based on its construction style. The manufacturer appears to be out of business.

please refer to photo here:

http://tinyurl.com/38ny46

The moving transfer / contact bar is electrically joined, the four insulator posts are isolated from each other. Could be connected for SPDT operation, or connected to two separate circuits interlocked from each other. (when one is on, the other is off). Cannot be connected as DPDT due to the transfer bar being electrically contiguous.

Coil is labeled for 230 VAC 60 Hz operation.

a small metal nameplate (riveted to base) states:

	TYPE 6225-26
	Price Elec. Corp
	Frederick, MD, USA

Stenciled on one end of the base is the number 7331, which may be a serial number.

The connection insulators are glazed porcelain, possibly steatite- based, 4.5 inches tall, about 1.5 inches across the bases, about 5/8 across the tops, and include the original tall "acorn" nuts

Contacts appear to be nickel-silver and are 3/8 inch diameter, are slightly tarnished, but show NO arc pitting or even signs of use.

Base is phenolic composite (paper or cotton) and measures 3-7/8" x 7.5" x 1/4" thick. Base is drilled with three mounting holes approximately 1/8" diameter.

Swing arm insulator material appears to be micalex or vulcanized cellulose material (the arc-resistant stuff often found in switchgear).

Unit is designed to be mounted with the base vertical (insulators projecting horizontally from mounting surface) such that gravity (and two soft springs) will return the contacts to the de-energized position.

Beautifully made, pristine condition, freshly cleaned, and in perfect working order.

Weight is probably about 5 pounds. Unit will be very carefully packed. I've been selling things on eBay for many years and have never yet had anything arrive damaged.

Best offer over $50, plus shipping, plus insurance (I will not ship anything without insuring it for the full purchase price). I will wait one week for offers.

Due to Pay Pal raising their seller fees several times over the past decade, I now accept PayPal ONLY if the buyer pays PayPal's service fee. Otherwise, you can mail me a personal check (you'll have to wait for it to clear BOTH banks) or a name-brand (ie; Western Union, American Express, etc) or U.S. Postal money order. No cashier's checks, counter checks, temporary checks, 3rd-party checks or similar shenanigans - please don't ask.

Serious inquiries only, please.

regards,
 - Bill Lemieux