Re: [TCML] Form materials, losses, carbon tracking, sealing

On Dec 19, 2007, at 8:21 PM, Tim Meehan wrote:

Thanks - I am beginning to appreciate how hard it is to get spun aluminum parts. I started out being averse to chicken wire and ducting, however, I might start to like it more now that I know how much the pretty spun parts
cost.  :)

Some people here have done clever things with alternative materials. I've heard of people laying up toroids from fiberglass over inflated inner tubes.

I've also heard of carved foam being covered in aluminum tape. Some of these can be quite pretty and smooth (and even light, which spun Al toroids are NOT).

http://www.sky-chaser.com/tcpart8.htm
(nobody I know, just a Google Image Search)

- B(G)L