Re: [TCML] measure VDG voltage

Vladimiro Mazzilli skrev:
Can anyone suggest me suggest a method to measure the voltage present on a topload of a Van de Graaf generator?

Thank a Lot.
Vladi,

I built a Van de Graaff generator this spring, and used a ball gap to measure the top voltage.

It seemed to be quite an accurate method, because I could use the measured voltage to calculate the energy in the sphere, then count the discharges in the gap, and verify the charging current.
This charging current was close to the theoretical maximum.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Vladi

Vladimiro Mazzilli
Ricerca & Sviluppo
Aros Srl
Via Somalia 20
20032 Cormano (MI)
Tel. +39 02 66327266 - Fax. +39 02 66327528
email: V.Mazzilli@xxxxxxx
Web: http://www.aros.it<http://http://www.aros.it>
Chi riceve il presente  messaggio e` tenuto a verificare se lo stesso non gli sia pervenuto per  errore.  In tal caso e` pregato di avvisare immediatamente il mittente  e,  tenuto  conto  delle  responsabilita` connesse  all'indebito utilizzo e/o  divulgazione  del  messaggio  e/o  delle  informazioni  in esso contenute,  voglia  cancellare  l'originale  e distruggere  le varie copie  o stampe.

The receiver  of this message is required to check if  he/she has received it erroneously.  If  so,  the  receiver  is  requested to immediately inform the sender and - in consideration of the responsibilities  arising from undue use and/or disclosure of the message  and/or  the information contained therein - destroy the original message and any copy or printout thereof.