Re: High Copper Cost - was: [TCML] Refurbished Coill

Yes, it's nuts. I've seen all these stories in the news. I must have a gold mine in my garage since I don't even throw out my old stuff.

But, Australia's pricing is ridiculous at over twice the US costs (guess that's the price for living down under). If I had to pay their prices in a US economy and cost of living situation, I would certainly consider Aluminum primaries.

Bart

David Rieben wrote:
Jim,

Yup, I concur with the copper thievery problems here in Memphis, TN, too.
We've had numerous incidents where copper bandits rip out central A/C units from homes, churches, new construction, ect. A/C condenser unit theft was going on hot and heavy last summer and to add insult to injury, we had our hottest August on record. It's gotten to be such a problem that the local city council is proposing legislation to require a license to sell any scrap metal to help alleviate this problem. I suppose it would behoove coilers to keep their primary and secondary coils as well as their transformers under lock and key
in these times!

David Rieben