Re: [TCML] measure VDG voltage

-----Original Message-----

I fully agree... the 30kV/cm number is derived from the uniform field, and the gaps that most tesla coilers use are hardly uniform fiel (which is sort of the point I was trying to make.  your sphere gap was about 1/4 of the sphere diameter, which is typical of gaps that most TCers will be building.   Your number of 26kV/cm is probably a better number for practical use.  Most folks have fairly clean electrodes, so the debris, blasted off little pits, etc., aren't an issue.  Likewise, the small differences from material work function are probably negligible.