Re: [TCML] How necessary is a Terry Filter

Hi Chris,

The Terry Filter was designed to protect the NST itself from hf transients and voltage stresses, not necessarily components on the incoming line. There is of course filtering being done to help there as well, but it is specifically to protect the NST.

Take care,
Bart

CTCDW@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have used filters on the HV side of my Nst's in the past, but I do not anymore. I have never had a problem (knock on wood). I ALWAYS filter the line coming in to protect electronics and such from transients and the like. I'm sure others have other experiences, but these are just my opinions. I have never experienced any kickback or interference from my NST coils but did have a fun time once with a pole transformer powered coil. I destroyed my panel meter from a kickback. It certainly can't hurt to protect your equipment. Chris W