Re: [TCML] Strike rings - to use or not to use; was: Newbie GroundingQuestion

David, all

sorry to post 2 times, but the subject was changed, and I didnot notice
before now.

David Rieben skrev:
Hi Bart,

Looks like the strike rail paradigm may be beginning to
change.

Yes, but it is "old news"

We don't need no stinkin' strike rails,
David Rieben
All,

I agree with Gary, and have done since may, 2000 when I made this
experiment, designed to test the point of view.

A wire was hung from the top load so that the discharge was aimed
directly into the middle of a MMC cap.

The resulting powerarc did in no way force a breakdown of the cap.
You can search the archives for "rubar" to read the full story.
The pictures are here, now:
http://www.hammertone.com/caparc.jpg

Cheers, Finn Hammer