Re: Eye of Sauron

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

A fast spin like the pinwheel ion motor is only needed for a visual rather than photographic effect. To create a visual blur you would need many revs per second, and it might not spread sparks as evenly as you would think. Besides 11 feet diameter is a fearsome radial velocity at 10rps/600RPM. (=360fps = 370kph) Also best to have a single limb as I have because a single breakout will be longer. I hope to try out a large ion motor arrangement sometime. I have some ideas for a fast random effect but no time to explore this for a week or two.

Peter

Original poster: "Forest Darling" <fdarling@xxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, I was thinking of the same thing. A corona-discharge powered
spinning "pinwheel" would accelerate very fast and give an great
effect.

Here are some examples:
http://www.thelightningguy.com/tesla_photos.htm#image07
http://flickr.com/photos/gomezaddams/63273708/