Re: 25 kV PT

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Bunnykiller's two 14.4 kV pigs aren't "center tapped
transformers" either, yet he sucessfully overdrives
them in series for 32 kV. My pig had one bushing
grounded on the pole before I "liberated" it with a
chainsaw. Are PT's less robust that pigs? My 25 KV
PT's and my 14.4 kV pig all have BIL's of 125 kV.

Adam

> Original poster: "Dr.Hankenstein"
> <Dr.Hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> It isn't a center tapped transformer; it's an indoor
> compartment rated PT
> intended to be hooked to a 3 phase delta ungrounded
> system running 24kv
> phase-to-phase. Grounding either end may cause the
> "high" ends' insulation
> to fail, resulting in flashover thus ruining the PT.
>
> BTW: GE model 350 butel PT's are rated for use on
> 69kv equipment, outdoors,
> in the rain, etc.... and they are dry type.

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.