Re: 25 kV PT

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Funny.....you and I said the exact same thing.....
Mike

Hi DC,

Assuming the PT's in question can have one of their HV bushings
grounded, then I see no problem.  Since they are identical, their
secondaries are most certainly wound the same direction.  If one were
to reverse the LV connection to one of the PTs then when one PT HV
bushing goes positive, the other will go negative and you end up with
50KV between the two ungrounded HV bushings of the two PT's. The
maximum voltage anywhere is 25KV with respect to ground so neither PT
sees the 50KV.

I think the real question is can the PT have one of its HV bushings
grounded and if so, which one.

Gerry R.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49938/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>Never miss an email again! Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49937/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/> Check it out.