Re: Laser guided Tesla Coil

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, it has been done. Intensive research was done at Sandia Labs when I worked there. It's still classified information so not available to the experimenter. An ABQ (Univ. of New Mexico) researcher actually has a similar but reverse process to conduct lightning down a high powered laser beam to dissipate it's energy.

another interesting concept is to discharge a high energy capacitor into a Tesla coil spark. This is accomplished by running a DC power supply with large cap into the base of the sec coil. I think there is something in the archives about this process. When the spark strikes a grounded object the energy discharge cap fires thru the Tesla coil spark.

Dr. Resonance

Has anyone done any experements to see if a laser beam will conduct high voltage?

Is there any way to conduct a voltage along a path like a laser beam?