Re: Tungsten,2% Thoriated or Pure?

Original poster: "Teslacoil Workshop" <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

One may want to research a paper by The National Radiological Protection
Board in England that talks in detail about the subject.

Basically airborne thorium (ground or ablated) is radioactive and really
shouldn't be inhaled into the lungs. I believe the oxide of thorium is
carcinogenic but somebody more knowledgeable should back me up on this one.
Most of the welding hazard data comes from "handling" tungsten not
"inhaling" it so the risk may seem less to us as Tesla coilers.

We (Tesla Coilers) not only grind it, we blow it into the air with our gap
motors and or fans...

Jeff