Re: Electricial conductive beam

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> What I have in mind is some type of beam that will conduct
> electricity with the push of a button.
    Look back 48 hours.
    Laser beam, high power, will ionize air.

> I have been experementing hoping one of the experements will bring
> something to mine.  Metal and fire will both conduct electricity.  I
> put gasoline on a piece of cotton string.  The 100 foot long string  was
> stretched across the yard and set on fire.  My tesla coil will arc to
> the burning string and the string will emit a large discharge arc 100
> feet away to a ground rod.  All this proves is electricity can be sent
> from point A to point B.  I can do the same thing with a capacitor
> bank.
    Yep.  Lossy.
    (I catch flack on this next bit but...
     'flame' is a sort of 'dirty' 'cool' plasma.)

> Very thick heavy smoke will conduct electricity too but not very
> well.
    Or, perhaps, provide particles so HV can jump from
    each to each, 'thru' air.

> Smoke or fire can not be directed in a straight line like a
> laser beam to conduct electricity.   What is the nearest  thing to fire?
>  Maybe some type of laser.  No I don't thinks so all lasers that I know
> about are all some form of light.
     With enough power in the beam, works fine...

>  Maybe what I am looking for has not
> been invented yet.   There must be something  that will conduct
> electricity that is not metal and can be shot in a straight line with
> the push of a button like a laser beam.  What I need is a fire beam
> laser that will shoot a beam of fire at the speed  of light this would
> conduct electricity but it has not been invented.
     Laser beam.

>  I beleive there are still many things that have not been
> invented yet and this may be one of those things a beam that will
> conduct electricity as well as a copper wire.
     Unlikely, I think, tho i could be rong.
     (taking silver, gold, etc and superconductors as 'already
      invented.)
      best
       dwp