Re: [PHISH] Re: Tungsten,2% Thoriated or Pure?

Original poster: "Teslacoil Workshop" <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

LOL right back at ya Tony....

I don't disagree with you or anyone else that holds a valid scientific point
of view.

Have you ever sold a large ($100,000 +) pyro or electrical effect to an
international corporation? They pour over the plans, MSDS sheets and
everything else and then ask "Are you using thoriated tungsten?". True
story. Happened in Orlando Florida... you can guess which universally
well-known theme park. If they don't want miniscule amounts of radioactive
dust for any reason (voodoo perhaps) and the effect can be done safely
without it... ya do it their way.

What are you going to say? "No" or "Yes, but..." The "Yes, but..." answer
will make your project management life a living hell for the next two
months, you'll end up loosing (more) money and you'll end up using
non-thoriated rods anyway.

I'm attempting to offer a POV that hobbyists may not be able to appreciate.
The audience to which my advice applies is small (people here running or
attempting to run f/x companies) and the science is best left to the
scientists I hire (or people like Jim Lux or Terry Fritz). To keep the
paychecks to the scientists rolling, I must be flexible in how I work with
the large corporations that ultimately pay my bills.

MY way of doing things may not be purely scientific but kVA Effects' results
speak for themselves.

Jeff Parisse
kVA Effects