Anyone know about these transformers?

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
About ten years ago, I bought a really low power HV power supply. It is a chapman brand. It runs from 120V and 0.36A (yeah, I know...about worthless). I actually did make a tiny Tesla coil with it for my sister to use with a clear bulb on top. Well, now I have it back and just wondered if anyone had one of these and ever removed the potting tar. I would like to know if it has current limiting shunts(most likely does) that I could remove and make it almost useful. I'd like to know if I'd be wasting my time unpotting it. 5000V @ 7ma output is just about useless except for the plasma globe thingy.
Thanks,
Mike

Everyone is raving about <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=45083/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.