Re: Was 813 in my vttc, now Marx interstage coupling .....

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

It uses a 4 Hy inductance. The relatively large inductance provides a resistance to current flow and provides a time constant that exceeds that of the pulse duration, hence the stand-off of rapid potential rise across the inductor. Just long enough for the unit to fire before conduction and charging begin again. Sean and Steve built a prototype and were demonstrating it at my open house last fall. It works great!!

Dr. Resonance

Steve, Sean, D.C. -

Anyone willing to provide some additional information on this new method of "stage separation" for a Marx impulse generator?

Regards,
Scott Hanson

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
(snip)

Steve Ward and his friend Sean have pioneered a unique inductive method of
stage separation completely eliminating the expensive interstage resistors
the provide isolation while the Marx generator fires.
(snip)

Dr. Resonance