Re: I guess there's not enough interest in a tungsten bulk buy

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi again,
I've been thinking about it more and seem to remember that this power supply was meant for a copier machine. I'm thinking that it probably is a pulsed DC output due to that. If I replaced the resistor with the one I was talking about, the input impedace from the inductance aside, it would have over 12 times the power input....not sure it could handle that even if I shorted the output through a spark gap.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Good question.  I suspect you could try it and monitor the heat build
up without damaging it.  If the tar gets too hot and melts, not too
sure if it would result in internal arcing.  You might even try to go
with 400 ohms first or get rid of the resister and try an inductive
ballast.  Sometimes it is worth the lost of a part to gain the
knowledge.

Gerry

Everyone is raving about <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=45083/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.