From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 2:23 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PHISH] RE: gold secondary

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello All,
    Just a thought.. Since Al mentioned 'room temperature'..

Has anyone attempted making a secondary that was encased in
a dewar (or similar casing) to allow cooling with LN2? (or
liquid helium, tho this is likely more expensive and harder
to come by)..

I'm wondering if this would have any benefits of coil
performance by lowering the resistance of the wire.. Or
you'd just boil off all the LN2..

Either way, it'd probably create quite an impressive visual
effect.. ;)

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/socratic/output/spec_r.pdf