Re: gold secondary

At 02:34 PM 2/16/2007, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

We use silver-tinned wire in all of our larger coils (3 kV MIL-D specification). The low resistance works good and it's a lot less expensive than gold. No advantage of using gold.

the MIL wire is silver plated to make it easy to solder, not for conductivity. And, copper oxide is an insulator (or semi-conductor, depending on whether it's cupric or cuprous), silver oxide is a conductor.

Jim