Re: Bi-Polar DRSSTC

Very nice work Chris.
I have a few questions after watching your video.
1) Have you scoped the controller circuit to see what BPS you are running the DRSSTC at? It does indeed scream!

2) What IGBTs are you using? I couldn't tell if it was a half bridge or full bridge.

This is of interest to me because when I run my DRSSTC at that screaming BPS I usually, (and quite undramatically) blow my IGBT's.
I can run for an hour at lower BPS.  Yes, I do push the coil and IGBT's and certainly duty cycle is a factor, but there may be more going on too.

Great video and it was nice to meet you at Cheesehead.
John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science