Re: Fw: Tesla List - Micro Wave Oven Transformers

Original poster: David Speck <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

James,

The windings you refer to are to provide the filament voltage (about 5 volts at 5 amps) to the magnetron. They can be removed, or simply ignored for typical coil applications.
Most MOTs are one turn per volt systems.
HTH,

Dave

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "James Howells" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Having seen your posting on TESLA LIST
I would be most grateful if you could explain something that puzzles me about M.O.T's

I have dismantled 3 microwave ovens now and do not under stand what the 6 turn secondary coil is for. In all the ovens it has red high temperature insulation and seems to put out about 3--6 .