Re: Was RE: magnetrons as diodes, now high power VT Diodes

Original poster: HomerLea@xxxxxxx And why build one of these machines unless it will look like it came from Frankenstein's Laboratory? Mr. Mora-- The tubes are very dear to me but you have such a worthwhile project!!! I will contact you off the list.
Jim

Subj: Was RE: magnetrons as diodes, now high power VT Diodes
Date: 1/6/2007 7:35:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

Hello Jim, Et Al,

The previous post could not be passed up either.

I think I have posted before that my old (cold war) 3 phase Nikkie site
transformer for my work in progress 12" DC coil uses (6) 8020's in a stair
step arrangement of sockets and insulators for 6 pulse rectification.

I was planning on pulling the top and replacing it with a flat plate and
internal HV puck diodes - (saving the top in complete tact).

This tank would be nothing short of a spectacular and very functional
Frankenstein's monster with the original diodes.

Would you have 6 you would be willing to part with?

Thanks,
Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca.

Picture available on request.
My first college text book was, "Vacuum Tubes and Transistors"